Mildred Sims (1869-1915) was the first woman doctor in Ipswich, practising between 1898 and 1911. She was born in 1869 at Orwell Lodge, the daughter of Elizabeth Gibb and Robert Ransome of the Ipswich engineering firm, Ransomes, Sims & Jefferies. She attended the Ipswich High School and graduated from Glasgow University in 1896 as a Bachelor of Medicine and Master of Surgery.
She qualified as a midwife in Dublin and worked in Glasgow before returning to Ipswich. In 1898 she married John Dillwyn Sims, a director of the above firm. Mildred lived at 26 Fonnereau Road but had a practice in Queen Street.
She was well known for treating patients unable to pay, served on several committees and took particular interest in the medical welfare of children in institutional homes in Ipswich. Whilst practising in Ipswich she did significant work in London where she moved in 1911, following the death of her husband in 1905. Mildred died in 1915, at the early age of 45 leaving two children.